- Latest Posts
- 15th Mar 2017 - Northumbrian Shin of Beef Casserole
- 2nd Mar 2017 - Turnbull's Unveil New Cutting Unit
- 19th Feb 2017 - Sticky Brisket of Beef
- Archive March 2017
- Northumbrian Shin of Beef Casserole
- Turnbull's Unveil New Cutting Unit February 2017
- Sticky Brisket of Beef
- WIN this Valentine's Day!
- Student Emily helps butchers strike five golds! December 2016
- Christmas at Turnbull's! November 1999
- Christmas Day Cooking
- Christmas Day Cooking September 2016
- And its not just meat were good at!
- Staff at Newcastle's Crowne Plaza get hands-on training from local suppliers August 2016
- Breakfast Sausage is a Sizzling Success Story! May 2016
- The 'Turnbull's Trio' Outlaw Half Nottingham Page
- Alnwick butchers sausage is BBQ runner-up
- Turnbulls Butchers fires up for UK BBQ contest finale March 2016
- Easter 2016 at Turnbull's of Alnwick!
- Easter at Turnbull's February 2016
- Valentine's at Turnbull's January 2016
- Enjoy Burns Night with Turnbull's! November 2015
- Christmas all Wrapped Up!
- Turnbulls Butchers shines in Q Guild Smithfield Awards
- Turnbull's Win at the 2015 Smithfield Awards! October 2015
- October at Turnbull's November 1999
- Christmas at Turnbull's 2015 August 2015
- Summer at Turnbull's
- Peter Turnbull July 2015
- Turnbulls Butchers is celebrating their 135th year trading! June 2015
- June at Turnbull's! May 2015
- Review: #BurgerWeek at Turnbull's
- #BurgerWeek at Turnbull's! April 2015
- Prime Minister visits Turnbull's!
- Easter at Turnbull's of Alnwick February 2015
- Mark is elected Chairman of the Butchers Q Guild. November 1999
- Butcher Is Better campaign launched February 2015
- Get in the mood with Turnbull's! January 2015
- Celebrate Burns Night with Turnbull's of Alnwick. December 2014
- Christmas at Turnbull's of Alnwick November 2014
- A+ Pass in Q Guild Hygiene Audit January 2014
- Buying with Confidence
- The Guardian Food Tour November 2014
- Meat the Butcher at Out Cook Cookery School
- Turnbull's win Gold at Q Guild Smithfield Awards
- British Sausage Week 2014 October 2014
- Turnbull's all set to Extend Mobile Shop Rounds November 2013
- John Turnbull hands over Keys to Travelling Shop November 1999
- British Sausage Week 2013 October 2013
- Autumn in Alnwick September 2013
- Alnwick Food Festival July 2013
- Best of British Burgers
- Turnbull's Delivery Service June 2013
- Turnbull's Score A+ on Q Guild Hygiene Audit May 2013
- Turnbull's Crowned BBQ Champions! December 2012
- Champion beef coup for Turnbulls Butchers
Alnwick Food Festival
The Alnwick Food Festival marks the end of a busy Summers trading for all of us at Turnbull's, a great celebration of local foods before we move into thoughts of autumn eating meat dishes. The festival was a great success and is now established as one of the Countries finest Food Festivals, something Alnwick should be proud of!
Celebrity Chef Jean-Christophe Novelli was one again in attendance, a man passionate about food and cooking. He revealed to Turnbull's that he is also passionate about butchery and the skills of using a knife. He told us he once cut up a fore quarter of beef to teach himself some Butchery skills. While his kitchen was closed, he cleared it down and spent Two hours cutting up the Shoulder into it's various cut's of meat, fantastic!
Back to the Festival and Turnbull's again took two pitches in the market square, one selling BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwiches and the other selling our ever growing range of popular Pies and Pastries. The Weekend was very successful and a massive thank-you goes out to all the team at Turnbull's for their hard work over the weekend, we are extremely fortunate to have such a talented and hard working bunch on board!
During the Festival we managed to sell over 2000 Pies and more than 500 Pulled Pork Sandwiches! We also supplied the Alnwick Beer Festival with our Steak and Ale Pies, which are now made using Alnwick IPA from Alnwick Breweries and are on sale all year round at the shop. They seemed to go down quite a treat with Beer lovers at the Beer Festival, that was a massive success too, congratulations to Alnwick & District Round Table!
We also made a batch of our famous Alnwick Rum sausages for the festival. The sausages were on sale from our shop, but Festival Visitors could also find them for sale as a Sausage Sandwich at The Northumbrian Farmhouse Catering van in the Market Square. Samples were also available at the Alnwick Brewery stall, suppliers of the famous Alnwick Rum. I have to confess to trying a sandwich from The Northumbrian Farmhouse Catering Stall and had forgotten just how good the sausages were!
Many thanks to all those who organised the Festival, it was great to see so many visitors to the Town Centre on Saturday and Sunday and as traders we must continue to look at ways of benefitting from these vast numbers of people. I do hope the Festival gains the necessary financial support it needs for next year, it's tenth year! It costs a great deal of money to put it on and is paid for, in the main, by sponsorship.
Now back to thoughts of autumn eating, we're putting together the finishing touches for a special Autumn Eating Recipe Brochure, full of classic meat dishes to fit the bill as the days shorten and temperatures drop! The recipe brochure should be in the shop in the next couple of weeks and will be part of our Autumn Eating Promotion, look out for more information in-store and here on our website!