- Latest Posts
- 15th Mar 2017 - Northumbrian Shin of Beef Casserole
- 2nd Mar 2017 - Turnbull's Unveil New Cutting Unit
- 19th Feb 2017 - Sticky Brisket of Beef
- Archive March 2017
- Northumbrian Shin of Beef Casserole
- Turnbull's Unveil New Cutting Unit February 2017
- Sticky Brisket of Beef
- WIN this Valentine's Day!
- Student Emily helps butchers strike five golds! December 2016
- Christmas at Turnbull's! November 1999
- Christmas Day Cooking
- Christmas Day Cooking September 2016
- And its not just meat were good at!
- Staff at Newcastle's Crowne Plaza get hands-on training from local suppliers August 2016
- Breakfast Sausage is a Sizzling Success Story! May 2016
- The 'Turnbull's Trio' Outlaw Half Nottingham Page
- Alnwick butchers sausage is BBQ runner-up
- Turnbulls Butchers fires up for UK BBQ contest finale March 2016
- Easter 2016 at Turnbull's of Alnwick!
- Easter at Turnbull's February 2016
- Valentine's at Turnbull's January 2016
- Enjoy Burns Night with Turnbull's! November 2015
- Christmas all Wrapped Up!
- Turnbulls Butchers shines in Q Guild Smithfield Awards
- Turnbull's Win at the 2015 Smithfield Awards! October 2015
- October at Turnbull's November 1999
- Christmas at Turnbull's 2015 August 2015
- Summer at Turnbull's
- Peter Turnbull July 2015
- Turnbulls Butchers is celebrating their 135th year trading! June 2015
- June at Turnbull's! May 2015
- Review: #BurgerWeek at Turnbull's
- #BurgerWeek at Turnbull's! April 2015
- Prime Minister visits Turnbull's!
- Easter at Turnbull's of Alnwick February 2015
- Mark is elected Chairman of the Butchers Q Guild. November 1999
- Butcher Is Better campaign launched February 2015
- Get in the mood with Turnbull's! January 2015
- Celebrate Burns Night with Turnbull's of Alnwick. December 2014
- Christmas at Turnbull's of Alnwick November 2014
- A+ Pass in Q Guild Hygiene Audit January 2014
- Buying with Confidence
- The Guardian Food Tour November 2014
- Meat the Butcher at Out Cook Cookery School
- Turnbull's win Gold at Q Guild Smithfield Awards
- British Sausage Week 2014 October 2014
- Turnbull's all set to Extend Mobile Shop Rounds November 2013
- John Turnbull hands over Keys to Travelling Shop November 1999
- British Sausage Week 2013 October 2013
- Autumn in Alnwick September 2013
- Alnwick Food Festival July 2013
- Best of British Burgers
- Turnbull's Delivery Service June 2013
- Turnbull's Score A+ on Q Guild Hygiene Audit May 2013
- Turnbull's Crowned BBQ Champions! December 2012
- Champion beef coup for Turnbulls Butchers
And its not just meat were good at!
Green-fingered residents and businesses have been recognised for their fabulous floral efforts in the annual Alnwick in Bloom Gardening Competition.
The 2016 contest comprised four categories: Best Garden; Best Container Display; Best Retirement Complex; and Best Commercial Premises.
The standard of entries was once again high and the judges were impressed with what they saw.
Elizabeth Jones, chairman of Alnwick in Bloom, said: “The judges said that the standard was absolutely superb and they enjoyed the trip around Alnwick looking at the excellent floral displays.
“We are very happy with the response to this year’s competition and we had a few more entries than last year, so the popularity of the competition is growing.”
The winner of the Best Commercial Premises category was The Plough, on Bondgate Without, followed by Turnbulls, on Market Street, in second. The Northumberland Gazette, on Bondgate Without, was third.
Residents and staff at St Paul’s Court, on Prudhoe Street, are celebrating after taking the title in the Best Retirement Complex section. The runner-up was Jean Atkinson, of 6 Mews Towers, on Park View, while residents at Clayport Mews came third.
The prizes, which will be silver plaques for first, second and third places, will be presented at a ceremony at The Alnwick Garden on Tuesday, September 20, from 6.30pm.