- Latest Posts
- 10th Feb 2017 - WIN this Valentine's Day!
- 9th Feb 2017 - Student Emily helps butchers strike five golds!
- 6th Dec 2016 - Christmas at Turnbull's!
- Archive February 2017
- WIN this Valentine's Day!
- Student Emily helps butchers strike five golds! December 2016
- Christmas at Turnbull's! November 1999
- Christmas Day Cooking
- Christmas Day Cooking September 2016
- And its not just meat were good at!
- Staff at Newcastle's Crowne Plaza get hands-on training from local suppliers August 2016
- Breakfast Sausage is a Sizzling Success Story! May 2016
- The 'Turnbull's Trio' Outlaw Half Nottingham Page
- Alnwick butchers sausage is BBQ runner-up
- Turnbulls Butchers fires up for UK BBQ contest finale March 2016
- Easter 2016 at Turnbull's of Alnwick!
- Easter at Turnbull's February 2016
- Valentine's at Turnbull's January 2016
- Enjoy Burns Night with Turnbull's! November 2015
- Christmas all Wrapped Up!
- Turnbulls Butchers shines in Q Guild Smithfield Awards
- Turnbull's Win at the 2015 Smithfield Awards! October 2015
- October at Turnbull's November 1999
- Christmas at Turnbull's 2015 August 2015
- Summer at Turnbull's
- Peter Turnbull July 2015
- Turnbulls Butchers is celebrating their 135th year trading! June 2015
- June at Turnbull's! May 2015
- Review: #BurgerWeek at Turnbull's
- #BurgerWeek at Turnbull's! April 2015
- Prime Minister visits Turnbull's!
- Easter at Turnbull's of Alnwick February 2015
- Mark is elected Chairman of the Butchers Q Guild. November 1999
- Butcher Is Better campaign launched February 2015
- Get in the mood with Turnbull's! January 2015
- Celebrate Burns Night with Turnbull's of Alnwick. December 2014
- Christmas at Turnbull's of Alnwick November 2014
- A+ Pass in Q Guild Hygiene Audit January 2014
- Buying with Confidence
- The Guardian Food Tour November 2014
- Meat the Butcher at Out Cook Cookery School
- Turnbull's win Gold at Q Guild Smithfield Awards
- British Sausage Week 2014 October 2014
- Turnbull's all set to Extend Mobile Shop Rounds November 2013
- John Turnbull hands over Keys to Travelling Shop November 1999
- British Sausage Week 2013 October 2013
- Autumn in Alnwick September 2013
- Alnwick Food Festival July 2013
- Best of British Burgers
- Turnbull's Delivery Service June 2013
- Turnbull's Score A+ on Q Guild Hygiene Audit May 2013
- Turnbull's Crowned BBQ Champions! December 2012
- Champion beef coup for Turnbulls Butchers
British Sausage Week 2014
British Sausage Week is an annual celebration of the taste, quality and diversity of the traditional British Banger. At Turnbull's, we strive to come up with the best flavours and combinations using our locally sourced sausage meat made in our Alnwick Butchery.
Everyone loves sausages. Even the most sophisticated cafes and restaurants around the world find them irresistible. That's probably down to the fact that they awaken childhood memories of barbecues on the beach, camp fires in the woods, a football match supporting a local team or a cosy sunday breakfast. But above all, sausages are the best possible comfort food, especially during a cold wet day served up with some spectacularly good mashed potato, or even just in a roll with ketchup.
At Turnbull's, we are proud to produce over 20 varieties of sausages made for different dining occasions and palates. We are constantly striving to ensure we bring you something different which improves and expands the traditional pork sausage offering. Our Sausage of the Month is the 2013 Smithfield Diamond Award winning recipe, the Honey Glazed Parsnip Sausage, flavoured with local honey and parsnips. Yum!
Over the course of the #BritishSausageWeek, we will be running a promotion of, buy any 2lbs of Turnbull's Sausage get 1lb of Traditional Pork Sausage free or buy any 5lb of Turnbulls Sausage, get 3lb Traditional Pork Sausage free! This fantastic offer is hugely popular and ensure that everyone at Turnbull's will be working extra hard to fulfil demand! If you're planning to host a dinner party, or want to prepare some bangers to feed hungry mouths on Bonfire Night, make sure you take advantage of the offer!
Along with our delicious offers during #BritishSausageWeek, we have linked with cookery school, Outcook Home Cookery School to host a fun yet informative cooking class on Wednesday 12 November. Join Dan Turnbull and Outcook on their Meet the Butcher class and learn the art of making your own sausages!
To end the week, we are hosting a charity BBQ on Saturday 8th November, with all proceeds from our sausage sandwiches going towards the Alnwick Christmas Lights!
Finally, follow us on Facebook and Twitter to be in with a chance of winning 3lbs of your favourite sausage!