- Latest Posts
- 10th Feb 2017 - WIN this Valentine's Day!
- 9th Feb 2017 - Student Emily helps butchers strike five golds!
- 6th Dec 2016 - Christmas at Turnbull's!
- Archive February 2017
- WIN this Valentine's Day!
- Student Emily helps butchers strike five golds! December 2016
- Christmas at Turnbull's! November 1999
- Christmas Day Cooking
- Christmas Day Cooking September 2016
- And its not just meat were good at!
- Staff at Newcastle's Crowne Plaza get hands-on training from local suppliers August 2016
- Breakfast Sausage is a Sizzling Success Story! May 2016
- The 'Turnbull's Trio' Outlaw Half Nottingham Page
- Alnwick butchers sausage is BBQ runner-up
- Turnbulls Butchers fires up for UK BBQ contest finale March 2016
- Easter 2016 at Turnbull's of Alnwick!
- Easter at Turnbull's February 2016
- Valentine's at Turnbull's January 2016
- Enjoy Burns Night with Turnbull's! November 2015
- Christmas all Wrapped Up!
- Turnbulls Butchers shines in Q Guild Smithfield Awards
- Turnbull's Win at the 2015 Smithfield Awards! October 2015
- October at Turnbull's November 1999
- Christmas at Turnbull's 2015 August 2015
- Summer at Turnbull's
- Peter Turnbull July 2015
- Turnbulls Butchers is celebrating their 135th year trading! June 2015
- June at Turnbull's! May 2015
- Review: #BurgerWeek at Turnbull's
- #BurgerWeek at Turnbull's! April 2015
- Prime Minister visits Turnbull's!
- Easter at Turnbull's of Alnwick February 2015
- Mark is elected Chairman of the Butchers Q Guild. November 1999
- Butcher Is Better campaign launched February 2015
- Get in the mood with Turnbull's! January 2015
- Celebrate Burns Night with Turnbull's of Alnwick. December 2014
- Christmas at Turnbull's of Alnwick November 2014
- A+ Pass in Q Guild Hygiene Audit January 2014
- Buying with Confidence
- The Guardian Food Tour November 2014
- Meat the Butcher at Out Cook Cookery School
- Turnbull's win Gold at Q Guild Smithfield Awards
- British Sausage Week 2014 October 2014
- Turnbull's all set to Extend Mobile Shop Rounds November 2013
- John Turnbull hands over Keys to Travelling Shop November 1999
- British Sausage Week 2013 October 2013
- Autumn in Alnwick September 2013
- Alnwick Food Festival July 2013
- Best of British Burgers
- Turnbull's Delivery Service June 2013
- Turnbull's Score A+ on Q Guild Hygiene Audit May 2013
- Turnbull's Crowned BBQ Champions! December 2012
- Champion beef coup for Turnbulls Butchers
Champion beef coup for Turnbulls Butchers
Turnbull & Sons Butchers in Alnwick will be serving up championship-winning prime beef to its customers this Christmas.
Turnbulls’ chief buyer, butcher Malcolm Riddell, was invited to judge the beef cattle classes at Acklington Auction Mart’s annual Christmas primestock show and sale and transferred his interest to the ringside when purchasing his chosen champion for the Market Street shop.
He paid the show-topping price of 259.5p/kg, or £1,588, for the title winner, a 612kg Limousin-cross heifer shown by I Renton and Son, of High Highlaws.
For good measure, Turnbull's Butchers also paid 216p/kg for the reserve champion Limousin-cross steer from South Rennington.
The region’s leading butchers again attended the annual highlight, as they sought to buy the best local prime meat for their customers’ festive tables.
Turnbulls’ Mark Turnbull said: “We pride ourselves on serving the finest quality Northumbrian beef from local farmers. This not only ensures full field-to-table traceability, but it also keeps food miles to a minimum, which is vital when considering the welfare of the animals.
“We are now fully maturing the beef to maximise both texture and taste, ensuring the meat is spot on for the coming festive season. The Christmas roasts, in particular, should prove memorable.”
R Turnbull & Sons is a long-standing member of the national Butchers Q Guild, which represents many of the country’s leading independent meat retailers.