- Latest Posts
- 10th Feb 2017 - WIN this Valentine's Day!
- 9th Feb 2017 - Student Emily helps butchers strike five golds!
- 6th Dec 2016 - Christmas at Turnbull's!
- Archive February 2017
- WIN this Valentine's Day!
- Student Emily helps butchers strike five golds! December 2016
- Christmas at Turnbull's! November 1999
- Christmas Day Cooking
- Christmas Day Cooking September 2016
- And its not just meat were good at!
- Staff at Newcastle's Crowne Plaza get hands-on training from local suppliers August 2016
- Breakfast Sausage is a Sizzling Success Story! May 2016
- The 'Turnbull's Trio' Outlaw Half Nottingham Page
- Alnwick butchers sausage is BBQ runner-up
- Turnbulls Butchers fires up for UK BBQ contest finale March 2016
- Easter 2016 at Turnbull's of Alnwick!
- Easter at Turnbull's February 2016
- Valentine's at Turnbull's January 2016
- Enjoy Burns Night with Turnbull's! November 2015
- Christmas all Wrapped Up!
- Turnbulls Butchers shines in Q Guild Smithfield Awards
- Turnbull's Win at the 2015 Smithfield Awards! October 2015
- October at Turnbull's November 1999
- Christmas at Turnbull's 2015 August 2015
- Summer at Turnbull's
- Peter Turnbull July 2015
- Turnbulls Butchers is celebrating their 135th year trading! June 2015
- June at Turnbull's! May 2015
- Review: #BurgerWeek at Turnbull's
- #BurgerWeek at Turnbull's! April 2015
- Prime Minister visits Turnbull's!
- Easter at Turnbull's of Alnwick February 2015
- Mark is elected Chairman of the Butchers Q Guild. November 1999
- Butcher Is Better campaign launched February 2015
- Get in the mood with Turnbull's! January 2015
- Celebrate Burns Night with Turnbull's of Alnwick. December 2014
- Christmas at Turnbull's of Alnwick November 2014
- A+ Pass in Q Guild Hygiene Audit January 2014
- Buying with Confidence
- The Guardian Food Tour November 2014
- Meat the Butcher at Out Cook Cookery School
- Turnbull's win Gold at Q Guild Smithfield Awards
- British Sausage Week 2014 October 2014
- Turnbull's all set to Extend Mobile Shop Rounds November 2013
- John Turnbull hands over Keys to Travelling Shop November 1999
- British Sausage Week 2013 October 2013
- Autumn in Alnwick September 2013
- Alnwick Food Festival July 2013
- Best of British Burgers
- Turnbull's Delivery Service June 2013
- Turnbull's Score A+ on Q Guild Hygiene Audit May 2013
- Turnbull's Crowned BBQ Champions! December 2012
- Champion beef coup for Turnbulls Butchers
Christmas at Turnbull's of Alnwick
As Christmas fast approaches, most of our food thoughts tend to focus on the big day itself the - Christmas lunch, traditionally featuring a roast turkey served with all the trimmings. If its your first time hosting, you may be feeling a little daunted by the prospects of many experienced family members passing comments over your skills. Just think of Christmas lunch in the same way as cooking a big roast dinner.
At Turnbull's, we will offer expert advice on how to cook your Turkey and what trimmings to serve along with recommending the best way to ensure there is no waste. Hard to believe as it is, not everybody likes Turkey, or indeed need a large bird. So, what are the alternatives? Well, the wonderful team at Turnbull's have created a Christmas Guide of the whole range of meats and services we provide including instruction on sizes! We recommend buying a little bigger bird than usual, so theres enough left for a few sandwiches!
Whatever your choice of poultry or red meat, be it a turkey, goose or duck, or perhaps even a rib of beef, the sides you serve will make all the difference. Nobody wants overcooked, soggy Brussels sprouts or watery carrots. Get your sides right and show off with perfectly roasted potatoes all fluffy on the inside crispy on the outside, well-seasoned greens and lashings of tasty homemade gravy, and your meal will instantly become more memorable. With a little forward-planning and these clever ideas for tasty Christmas sides, preparing for Christmas dinner will be a breeze. We recommend Turnbull's Goose Fat Roast Potatoes and Maple Syrup Cured Pancetta to layer over your Turkey. Theres lots to choose from in store, just pop in and peruse our extensive range. If cooking a large christmas meal isnt for you, why dont you try Turnbull's home made Simply Cook dishes? Our Simply Cook Dish of the Month for December is a Duck Breasts in a Seville Orange & Port Gravy.
Turnbull's is already taking orders in the shop. If you wish to order your Christmas Hamper, do so as soon as possible either online or in the shop, and you will be entered into our FREE prize draw to win £25! Make sure you follow Turnbull's Facebook page over the Christmas period as we are launching a competition to win a Christmas Hamper worth £89! Click here to Like Turnbulls Butcher!
As always, we are very grateful for your support throughout the year and from everyone at Turnbull's, we wish you all a very Merry Christmas.