- Latest Posts
- 15th Mar 2017 - Northumbrian Shin of Beef Casserole
- 2nd Mar 2017 - Turnbull's Unveil New Cutting Unit
- 19th Feb 2017 - Sticky Brisket of Beef
- Archive March 2017
- Northumbrian Shin of Beef Casserole
- Turnbull's Unveil New Cutting Unit February 2017
- Sticky Brisket of Beef
- WIN this Valentine's Day!
- Student Emily helps butchers strike five golds! December 2016
- Christmas at Turnbull's! November 1999
- Christmas Day Cooking
- Christmas Day Cooking September 2016
- And its not just meat were good at!
- Staff at Newcastle's Crowne Plaza get hands-on training from local suppliers August 2016
- Breakfast Sausage is a Sizzling Success Story! May 2016
- The 'Turnbull's Trio' Outlaw Half Nottingham Page
- Alnwick butchers sausage is BBQ runner-up
- Turnbulls Butchers fires up for UK BBQ contest finale March 2016
- Easter 2016 at Turnbull's of Alnwick!
- Easter at Turnbull's February 2016
- Valentine's at Turnbull's January 2016
- Enjoy Burns Night with Turnbull's! November 2015
- Christmas all Wrapped Up!
- Turnbulls Butchers shines in Q Guild Smithfield Awards
- Turnbull's Win at the 2015 Smithfield Awards! October 2015
- October at Turnbull's November 1999
- Christmas at Turnbull's 2015 August 2015
- Summer at Turnbull's
- Peter Turnbull July 2015
- Turnbulls Butchers is celebrating their 135th year trading! June 2015
- June at Turnbull's! May 2015
- Review: #BurgerWeek at Turnbull's
- #BurgerWeek at Turnbull's! April 2015
- Prime Minister visits Turnbull's!
- Easter at Turnbull's of Alnwick February 2015
- Mark is elected Chairman of the Butchers Q Guild. November 1999
- Butcher Is Better campaign launched February 2015
- Get in the mood with Turnbull's! January 2015
- Celebrate Burns Night with Turnbull's of Alnwick. December 2014
- Christmas at Turnbull's of Alnwick November 2014
- A+ Pass in Q Guild Hygiene Audit January 2014
- Buying with Confidence
- The Guardian Food Tour November 2014
- Meat the Butcher at Out Cook Cookery School
- Turnbull's win Gold at Q Guild Smithfield Awards
- British Sausage Week 2014 October 2014
- Turnbull's all set to Extend Mobile Shop Rounds November 2013
- John Turnbull hands over Keys to Travelling Shop November 1999
- British Sausage Week 2013 October 2013
- Autumn in Alnwick September 2013
- Alnwick Food Festival July 2013
- Best of British Burgers
- Turnbull's Delivery Service June 2013
- Turnbull's Score A+ on Q Guild Hygiene Audit May 2013
- Turnbull's Crowned BBQ Champions! December 2012
- Champion beef coup for Turnbulls Butchers
Enjoy Burns Night with Turnbull's!
Enjoy Burn's Night with a traditional, home made Haggis. Sample Scotland's natural larder and embrace our culture and traditions with these tasty celebratory Burn's Supper produces from Turnbull's!
Burn's Night is held to commemorate the birthday of Scotland's national bard Robert Burns, when celebratory Burn's Suppers are held all over the world. Once upon a time, these suppers were a strictly north-of-the-border affair but these days you'll find them in restaurants and homes.
Burn's Night suppers are traditionally very structured. Scotland's national dish, the haggis, is brought in to bagpipe music, and there are toasts from the traditional toast to the haggis to an address to the lassies. Burns' life and work is remembered, and the evening ends with a rousing rendition of Auld Lang Syne.
Haggis is the centre piece of a Burn's Night Supper. Honouring the Scottish delicacy, great care is taken in making haggis using only the finest ingredients, lamb, beef, oatmeal, onion and a special blend of seasoning and spices.
At Turnbull's, we have created dishes to ensure you can join in the celebrations! Turnbull's Simply Cook Dish of the Month is Haggis Olives. The thinnest steak wrapped around a tasty haggis stuffing ensuring a great taste and flavour. Serve with a large helping of Neeps & Tatties to fulfill the full Scottish experience. Every month, we try and theme our award winning sausages recipe to suit the month or occasion. To continue with the celebrations, why not try Turnbull's Sausage of the Month a Haggis Sausage. But hurry, this delicious and limited range is only in the shop for a few weeks only.
If you would like to receive more offers, discounts and exclusive gifts on your birthday, join Turnbull's Customer Club. It's free to join and offer's its members great incentives. Look out for our January incentive to join!