- Latest Posts
- 15th Mar 2017 - Northumbrian Shin of Beef Casserole
- 2nd Mar 2017 - Turnbull's Unveil New Cutting Unit
- 19th Feb 2017 - Sticky Brisket of Beef
- Archive March 2017
- Northumbrian Shin of Beef Casserole
- Turnbull's Unveil New Cutting Unit February 2017
- Sticky Brisket of Beef
- WIN this Valentine's Day!
- Student Emily helps butchers strike five golds! December 2016
- Christmas at Turnbull's! November 1999
- Christmas Day Cooking
- Christmas Day Cooking September 2016
- And its not just meat were good at!
- Staff at Newcastle's Crowne Plaza get hands-on training from local suppliers August 2016
- Breakfast Sausage is a Sizzling Success Story! May 2016
- The 'Turnbull's Trio' Outlaw Half Nottingham Page
- Alnwick butchers sausage is BBQ runner-up
- Turnbulls Butchers fires up for UK BBQ contest finale March 2016
- Easter 2016 at Turnbull's of Alnwick!
- Easter at Turnbull's February 2016
- Valentine's at Turnbull's January 2016
- Enjoy Burns Night with Turnbull's! November 2015
- Christmas all Wrapped Up!
- Turnbulls Butchers shines in Q Guild Smithfield Awards
- Turnbull's Win at the 2015 Smithfield Awards! October 2015
- October at Turnbull's November 1999
- Christmas at Turnbull's 2015 August 2015
- Summer at Turnbull's
- Peter Turnbull July 2015
- Turnbulls Butchers is celebrating their 135th year trading! June 2015
- June at Turnbull's! May 2015
- Review: #BurgerWeek at Turnbull's
- #BurgerWeek at Turnbull's! April 2015
- Prime Minister visits Turnbull's!
- Easter at Turnbull's of Alnwick February 2015
- Mark is elected Chairman of the Butchers Q Guild. November 1999
- Butcher Is Better campaign launched February 2015
- Get in the mood with Turnbull's! January 2015
- Celebrate Burns Night with Turnbull's of Alnwick. December 2014
- Christmas at Turnbull's of Alnwick November 2014
- A+ Pass in Q Guild Hygiene Audit January 2014
- Buying with Confidence
- The Guardian Food Tour November 2014
- Meat the Butcher at Out Cook Cookery School
- Turnbull's win Gold at Q Guild Smithfield Awards
- British Sausage Week 2014 October 2014
- Turnbull's all set to Extend Mobile Shop Rounds November 2013
- John Turnbull hands over Keys to Travelling Shop November 1999
- British Sausage Week 2013 October 2013
- Autumn in Alnwick September 2013
- Alnwick Food Festival July 2013
- Best of British Burgers
- Turnbull's Delivery Service June 2013
- Turnbull's Score A+ on Q Guild Hygiene Audit May 2013
- Turnbull's Crowned BBQ Champions! December 2012
- Champion beef coup for Turnbulls Butchers
Turnbull's Unveil New Cutting Unit
Turnbull’s are delighted to announce the completion of a new 1,000 sq ft unit on Alnwick’s Lionheart Industrial Estate to meet our business expansion requirements, at the same time freeing up much-needed space at our Market Street shop to further upgrade facilities in-house.
The £100,000 project to provide a standalone meat cutting and processing unit has attracted support funding from LEADER, a community-led approach to rural development. It is seen by the Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (Defra) as an important way of addressing rural needs.
The funding has been made available through the Rural Development Programme for England, which is jointly funded by Defra and the European Union.
Mark Turnbull explains: “We had long outgrown our town centre shop, which is a Grade 2 Listed building, and decided the time was right to move our meat cutting and processing operation to a separate location.
“This will allow us not only to make further improvements at the shop, primarily to our in-house bakery, but also to expand our business in general.
“These enhanced facilities will enable us to pursue potential new retail opportunities and supply more customers across the region – delicatessens, hotels, restaurants and pubs - with Northumberland-sourced beef, lamb and pork, including our award-winning sausages, bacon, pies, and other products.”
Turnbull’s have also been accepted into the highly acclaimed ‘Produced in Northumberland’ initiative fronted by Northumberland County Council, whose key aim is to verify that foods are actually produced in the county or, in the case of meat, that it originates from animals that have lived their entire lives in the county.
“Nothing could be closer to our own philosophy and we are extremely proud to be both part of and to help to fly the flag on behalf of this forward-looking programme, which promotes the fantastic foods produced and made here – a true taste of Northumberland,” said Mark, the fifth generation to work in the family firm, which was founded in 1880 and remains one of Alnwick’s oldest established businesses.