- Latest Posts
- 10th Feb 2017 - WIN this Valentine's Day!
- 9th Feb 2017 - Student Emily helps butchers strike five golds!
- 6th Dec 2016 - Christmas at Turnbull's!
- Archive February 2017
- WIN this Valentine's Day!
- Student Emily helps butchers strike five golds! December 2016
- Christmas at Turnbull's! November 1999
- Christmas Day Cooking
- Christmas Day Cooking September 2016
- And its not just meat were good at!
- Staff at Newcastle's Crowne Plaza get hands-on training from local suppliers August 2016
- Breakfast Sausage is a Sizzling Success Story! May 2016
- The 'Turnbull's Trio' Outlaw Half Nottingham Page
- Alnwick butchers sausage is BBQ runner-up
- Turnbulls Butchers fires up for UK BBQ contest finale March 2016
- Easter 2016 at Turnbull's of Alnwick!
- Easter at Turnbull's February 2016
- Valentine's at Turnbull's January 2016
- Enjoy Burns Night with Turnbull's! November 2015
- Christmas all Wrapped Up!
- Turnbulls Butchers shines in Q Guild Smithfield Awards
- Turnbull's Win at the 2015 Smithfield Awards! October 2015
- October at Turnbull's November 1999
- Christmas at Turnbull's 2015 August 2015
- Summer at Turnbull's
- Peter Turnbull July 2015
- Turnbulls Butchers is celebrating their 135th year trading! June 2015
- June at Turnbull's! May 2015
- Review: #BurgerWeek at Turnbull's
- #BurgerWeek at Turnbull's! April 2015
- Prime Minister visits Turnbull's!
- Easter at Turnbull's of Alnwick February 2015
- Mark is elected Chairman of the Butchers Q Guild. November 1999
- Butcher Is Better campaign launched February 2015
- Get in the mood with Turnbull's! January 2015
- Celebrate Burns Night with Turnbull's of Alnwick. December 2014
- Christmas at Turnbull's of Alnwick November 2014
- A+ Pass in Q Guild Hygiene Audit January 2014
- Buying with Confidence
- The Guardian Food Tour November 2014
- Meat the Butcher at Out Cook Cookery School
- Turnbull's win Gold at Q Guild Smithfield Awards
- British Sausage Week 2014 October 2014
- Turnbull's all set to Extend Mobile Shop Rounds November 2013
- John Turnbull hands over Keys to Travelling Shop November 1999
- British Sausage Week 2013 October 2013
- Autumn in Alnwick September 2013
- Alnwick Food Festival July 2013
- Best of British Burgers
- Turnbull's Delivery Service June 2013
- Turnbull's Score A+ on Q Guild Hygiene Audit May 2013
- Turnbull's Crowned BBQ Champions! December 2012
- Champion beef coup for Turnbulls Butchers
Turnbull's win Gold at Q Guild Smithfield Awards
Alnwick based Butcher's, Turnbull's recently picked up two Gold awards at the prestigious Q Guild Smithfield Awards at Butcher's Hall Smithfield, London on Thursday 13 November with their Beef and Caramelised Onion Burger's and Chicken Dijon's.
All 110 members of the Butchers Q Guild, award-winning meat men and women from the Scottish Highlands to the South Coast, were eligible to enter the Smithfield Awards, now in their 28th year. They cover eight product categories including sausages, burgers, ready to eat meat and roasts, bacon and cured products, pies and bakery, kitchen ready products, and ready meals.
Awards were announced and presented at the Butcher's Hall, ancestral home of the Q Guild, by Matthew Fort, food and drink editor at the Guardian for over a decade, author of several award-winning books on food, and expert judge on the popular TV series, The Great British Menu. (Thursday, November 13) Mr Fort said: "Ive admired butchers all my life. Theres something about the skill, watching butchers break up a carcass with their calm assurance - its like watching a magician at work. Its like the finest theatre - the knife coming down, even sharpening the knife, the noise, and the crunch when the cleaver comes down with such precision. To someone like me, this is absolute magic. Ive spent many hours watching butchers going about their business and every time theres something to be learnt. Ive never had a serious conversation with a butcher where I havent learned something. I think the future can be extremely positive for Q Guild butchers; the emphasis on quality, precision and wisdom you cant put too high a price on that."
Q Guild national chairman, West Yorkshire butcher Brindon Addy, said: "Smithfield Awards are among the meat industrys most esteemed and cherished accolades, recognising and rewarding both product quality and innovation, at the same time reflecting the skills continually demonstrated by our members - Great British butchers one and all."
If you would like to win either 8 Beef and Caramelised Onion Burgers or 4 portions of the Chicken Dijons filled with Smoked Bacon, Cheddar Cheese and Dijon mustard and wrapped in streaky bacon, then follow Turnbulls on twitter @alnwickbutcher or facebook.com/turnbullsalnwick to be with a chance of winning!