- Latest Posts
- 15th Mar 2017 - Northumbrian Shin of Beef Casserole
- 2nd Mar 2017 - Turnbull's Unveil New Cutting Unit
- 19th Feb 2017 - Sticky Brisket of Beef
- Archive March 2017
- Northumbrian Shin of Beef Casserole
- Turnbull's Unveil New Cutting Unit February 2017
- Sticky Brisket of Beef
- WIN this Valentine's Day!
- Student Emily helps butchers strike five golds! December 2016
- Christmas at Turnbull's! November 1999
- Christmas Day Cooking
- Christmas Day Cooking September 2016
- And its not just meat were good at!
- Staff at Newcastle's Crowne Plaza get hands-on training from local suppliers August 2016
- Breakfast Sausage is a Sizzling Success Story! May 2016
- The 'Turnbull's Trio' Outlaw Half Nottingham Page
- Alnwick butchers sausage is BBQ runner-up
- Turnbulls Butchers fires up for UK BBQ contest finale March 2016
- Easter 2016 at Turnbull's of Alnwick!
- Easter at Turnbull's February 2016
- Valentine's at Turnbull's January 2016
- Enjoy Burns Night with Turnbull's! November 2015
- Christmas all Wrapped Up!
- Turnbulls Butchers shines in Q Guild Smithfield Awards
- Turnbull's Win at the 2015 Smithfield Awards! October 2015
- October at Turnbull's November 1999
- Christmas at Turnbull's 2015 August 2015
- Summer at Turnbull's
- Peter Turnbull July 2015
- Turnbulls Butchers is celebrating their 135th year trading! June 2015
- June at Turnbull's! May 2015
- Review: #BurgerWeek at Turnbull's
- #BurgerWeek at Turnbull's! April 2015
- Prime Minister visits Turnbull's!
- Easter at Turnbull's of Alnwick February 2015
- Mark is elected Chairman of the Butchers Q Guild. November 1999
- Butcher Is Better campaign launched February 2015
- Get in the mood with Turnbull's! January 2015
- Celebrate Burns Night with Turnbull's of Alnwick. December 2014
- Christmas at Turnbull's of Alnwick November 2014
- A+ Pass in Q Guild Hygiene Audit January 2014
- Buying with Confidence
- The Guardian Food Tour November 2014
- Meat the Butcher at Out Cook Cookery School
- Turnbull's win Gold at Q Guild Smithfield Awards
- British Sausage Week 2014 October 2014
- Turnbull's all set to Extend Mobile Shop Rounds November 2013
- John Turnbull hands over Keys to Travelling Shop November 1999
- British Sausage Week 2013 October 2013
- Autumn in Alnwick September 2013
- Alnwick Food Festival July 2013
- Best of British Burgers
- Turnbull's Delivery Service June 2013
- Turnbull's Score A+ on Q Guild Hygiene Audit May 2013
- Turnbull's Crowned BBQ Champions! December 2012
- Champion beef coup for Turnbulls Butchers
Turnbulls Butchers fires up for UK BBQ contest finale
Turnbull’s Butchers in Market Street, Alnwick, is going for glory in the UK final of the Butchers Q Guild's 2016 barbecue competition – the annual quest to find the undisputed BBQ kings.
Winners of the north-east regional heat have been revealed and all are now firing up to take on their colleagues from six other Q Guild regions across the UK in this month’s national finale.
UK winners in each of six BBQ product categories will be unveiled and one of them will also be crowned overall supreme barbecue champion by the Q Guild, which represents 110 top award-winning butchers from the Scottish Highlands down to the south coast.
Turnbull’s Butchers was crowned regional sausage champion with its traditional pork sausage, a tried and trusted product using meat from locally sourced Northumbrian porkers, which for many years has been an everyday best seller in the Market Street shop.
All products had first picked up top-rated gold awards, before going on to be chosen as regional champions.
Turnbull’s also struck gold with two further speciality BBQ products, its Thai Pork Burger and Beef Ravioli.
Almost 400products from Q Guild Butchers nationwide were entered for this year’s competition. The national final takes place at Eastwood Hall, near Nottingham, on Sunday, May 15, when all qualifying products will be cooked prior to judging by Richard Holden, who is widely recognised as the UK’s premier BBQ chef.
Mark Turnbull said: “Entries for the BBQ competition have increased again this year, such is the growing stature of our annual highlight. All regional winners are to be congratulated on qualifying for the national final and we wish them every success.”
The 2016 Q Guild BBQ Championships are being sponsored by industry suppliers Innovative Food Ingredients, Dalziel, DB Foods, The Dalesman Group, Scobie and Junior, and Baro Lighting.